I thought it might be interesting to create an ongoing Amazon sales ranking list for Lazy Day Publishing’s books. I figured it would be a good barometer of what novels and genres are selling well nearly three months following Lazy Day Publishing’s launch in December 2010. This list is restricted to only Lazy Day Publishing books that are sold as e-books in the Kindle store. I wanted to do this since e-books are expected to 25 percent of the book market by the end of this year and are truly the future of the industry.
Now, I know this is not a definitive list as it doesn’t include e-books sales from Barnes & Noble.com and other Internet retail sites. Please note that this list also does not include sales or rankings from Amazon UK store.
However, the main Amazon site seems the best choice since it is the most influential e-book retailer in the industry and their rankings are easily accessible on their Web site. However, I can’t vouch for the accuracy of Amazon’s rankings. You can check out the Web site Novel Rank to verify and track the actual sales numbers, though, with an AIN number. I double checked most of the books on the Lazy Day list.
I intend to update these Amazon sales rankings of Lazy Day authors every week or two to track how our books are doing. Please feel free to share these rankings on other blogs or on your own blogs and Web sites.
Congratulations to Alta Hensley, who is Lazy Day’s Publishing’s top-selling author capturing the two top spots on the list with her novel Traditional Love and as part of the anthology Deep in the Heat of Texas with fellow authors Melissa Ecker and Amy LeBlanc.
I want to stress that is only a sales list. Nothing more. It is not a reflection of the skill or talent each Lazy Day author put into their wonderful books. You should click on the links below and buy the books from all of these talent authors. You will not be disappointed.
AMAZON SALES RANKINGS FOR LAZY DAY PUBLISHING’S BOOKS
FEBRUARY 25, 2011
Sales Rankings out of more than 750,000 books in Kindle store
1. TRADITIONAL LOVE, ALTA HENSLEY, RANKING #7,537 (released 12/1/10)
2. DEEP IN THE HEAT OF TEXAS, ALTA HENSLEY, MELISSA ECKER, AMY LEBLANC, #19,706 (released 2/14/11)
3. EXPECTATIONS, LIZ BORINO, #52,801 (rel. 12/1/10)
4. MOUNT UP, MELISSA ECKER, #80,829 (rel. 12/1/10)
5. PULL THE TRIGGER, MELISSA ECKER, #81,117 (rel. 12/1/10)
6. FEED THE FIRE, MELISSSA ECKER, #81,839 (released 12/1/10)
7. BY SUNSET, TY LANGSTON, #82,476 (rel. 12/1/10)
8. MONOGAMY SUCKS, GEORGE PAPPAS #91,138 (rel. 12/1/10)
9. THE SILVER CAGE, MIK WILKENS, #98,628 (rel. 12/1/10)
10. STEAM QUEEN, JACK HESSEY, #110,043 (rel. 12/1/10)
11. MINDSET, ELAINE DYER , #125,392 (rel 12/1/10)
12. DREW IN BLUE, J.M. KELLEY, #125,394 (rel. 12/1/10)
19. A POCKETFUL OF SPELLS, ASH STERLING, #376,457 (rel. 12/1/10)
20. JERICHO’S WALLS, MICHAEL BRET HOOD, #392,477 (rel. 12/1/10)
21. UNLIKELY LOVE, JOHNNY DRAGONA, NO SALES RANKING (rel. 12/1/10)
* Please note that this list does not include rankings or sales from Amazon UK
List created by George Pappas, author of Monogamy Sucks
Today my blog interview tour for my novel Monogamy Sucks continued on the blog of fellow Lazy Day Publishing author Jack Hessey. Jack is the author of the Steampunk novel Steam Queen and a young adult fantasy and science fiction novel On Angels Wings. This is the 20th interview of my blog tour in support of my novel. My blog tour continues tomorrow on the site of erotica author Eden Baylee.
Today I was quoted and my novel Monogamy Sucks was mentioned in an intriguing AOL News article by writer David Moye entitled “How to Handle Valentine’s Day when you’re Polyamorous.” It is an interesting article exploring the unique dilemmas swinging and polyamorous couples face in celebrating Valentine’s Day. I first contacted David about my blog last summer before my book was published as he writes features about off-beat topics for AOL News.
This is the 19th interview on my book tour. Please enjoy and comment.